36 replies to this topic

#1 who-dat

who-dat

Mr

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

The Discraft Ace Race is coming to Sunset DGC in Gulf Breeze on Saturday October 20th 2012!

Posted Image

What is Ace Race?
It's a fun event that helps disc golf grow by introducing thousands of new players to the joys of the sport! Each participant gets a huge player pack of cool stuff, then everyone plays two rounds of disc golf, but instead of keeping score the only goal is to throw aces (also known as a hole-in-one)! Holes are shortened, and everyone is throwing the same disc: a brand new Discraft prototype disc that is easy to throw and developed just for the event. It's a blast!

Format:
Two rounds of 18 holes, one throw per hole per player.

Course layout:
Holes are generally between 180 and 250 feet (55 to 75 meters).

Rules of play:
Players are required to use the player package discs, and only these discs. If a disc is lost, the player has the option of using the second disc from the package. Only one throw per player per hole. All players should have their own scorecards and mark "A" for aces (a hole-in-one) and "M" for holes on which they hit metal. After all players in the group have thrown, discs are picked up and the group moves directly to the next tee. Players keep their scorecards for round two, using the next line on the card to record the round. The player with the most aces after 36 holes is declared the winner. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then used to determine the event winner.

Entry Fee/Player Pack/Grand Prize:
-Each player will receive two 2012 prototype drivers, mini, sticker, premium water bottle and a pair of UV shades. All for only $25! Lunch included.
-Grand Prize for 2012 Discraft Ace Race: 8 new discs, tournament bag, super-color trophy buzz.
Posted Image

Location/Date/Time:
Sunset DGC Gulf Breeze, FL. Saturday October 20th 2012. 10:00 am.

Co-TDs: Matt Davenport, Chaz, Mike LaFleur & Chris Byrnes

-Cash sign-ups of $25 can be paid to any of the TDs at Tuesday Doubles in Milton or the Thursday Bag-Tag round at Gulf Breeze.
-PayPal payments of $26.10 can be sent to mikel8282@gmail.com, please put 'Ace Race' in the subject line.
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY MONDAY OCTOBER 1st 2012.

After the Ace Race:
-Ring of Fire, CTP tosses and other events to come!
-Post Ace Race round, either $5 random draw doubles or an ECDGC bag-tag round (TBD)!
-After party at Aloha Wine & Liquor on Pensacola Beach. Party sponsored by Aloha Wine & Liquor and The Hilton. Chef Dan Dunn of the Hilton will be providing the food and Aloha will be providing a keg of beer!
(21+ to consume alcohol. Please drink responsibly)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
SanAndreasRoamers *RSTR* First Commish

#2 who-dat

who-dat

Mr

• Administrator

• 8,388,607 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

List of Registered Players:

01. Dan Dunn
02. Mike U.
03. Josh Brigan
04. Chris "Crispy Critter" Byrnes
05. Steve Welch
06. Bert Burns
07. Jim Ernest
08. Texas Deb Hefner
09. JoSeR Raymer
10. Waylon Mock
11. John Briscoe
12. Matt Davenport
13. Chaz Johnson
14. Brandon Ezell
15. Thomas Daly
16. Patrick Thornbugh
17. Tommy Sponburgh
18. Jason Laughlin
19. Amanda Laughlin
20. David Beddick
21. Ryan Vann
22.. Don Braxton
23. Steven Murray
24. Mike LaFleur
25. Terry Mercer
26. Steve Harrill
27. Tim Gerow
28. Barrett Taylor
29. Chaz Heller
30. Sydney Schroth
31. Ben McQueary
32. Patrick Godwin
33. Charlie Jones
34. Nick Wheeler
35. Allen Reynolds
36. Robert Bennington
37. Daniel Hall
38. Gary Hunter
39. Patsy Hunter
40. Chris Ingram
41. Kimberly Ingram
42. Mike Brazwell
43. Matt Poling
44. Christoph Ladsberger
45. Chris King

Congratulations! You 45 folks will be throwing down with us on 10/20/12.

(List will be updated as players register)

Edited by Matt D, 19 October 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#3 who-dat

who-dat

Mr

• Administrator

• 8,388,607 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'll be out at the FWB Ace Race this Saturday if any PDGC players would like to sign up for the Gulf Breeze Ace Race

#4 JoshB

JoshB

Advanced Member

• Club Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Money Sent.
Josh Brigan
Blue Angel Liaison 
Extraordinaire
Southern Nationals BoD member
BADgolf Designs 
Current Tag Number        2

#5 Ryan_Vann

Ryan_Vann

ECDGC President

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know, I have an extra Ace Race 2012 disc that Im willing to take offers on. It'll be a great way to practice up for the event at Sunset. Let me know what you've got. -Ryan

Ryan Vann
2014 Prez/Treasurer

2014 Bag Tag #11

#6 waylonmock

waylonmock

Enthusiast

• Club Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

My flight is booked. See you all Saturday.

#7 waylonmock

waylonmock

Enthusiast

• Club Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

#8 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Interests:Widespread Panic, Disc Golf, Partying, Collecting Live Music, Reading, Flicks, etc....

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

My flight is booked. See you all Saturday.

View Post

I hope you mean Saturday 10/20/12.
You know that's the date of the Ace Race, right?

ECDGC Tag# 88 "You Pull Your Own Weight Or Else It Pulls You. It Gets Harder The Older That You've Grown." - John Gorka "If I Were To Wish For Anything, I Should Not Wish For Wealth And Power, But For The Passionate Sense Of The Potential, For The Eye Which, Ever Young And Ardent, Sees The Possible." - Soren Kierkegaard

#9 waylonmock

waylonmock

Enthusiast

• Club Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

October!!!! :o

#10 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• 3,262 posts
  • Interests:Widespread Panic, Disc Golf, Partying, Collecting Live Music, Reading, Flicks, etc....

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

List of Registered Players:

Dan Dunn
Mike U.
Josh Brigan
Chris "Crispy Critter" Byrnes
Steve Welch
Bert Burns
Jim Ernest
Texas Deb Hefner
Matt Davenport
(List will be updated as players register)

View Post

I updated the players list today. We send off the order on 10/5/12. Make sure you're in by then, as YOU MUST PRE-ORDER, or be left out. And nobody likes being left out of the fun.

Your $25 entry fee gets you more than $50 retail value of neat stuff + free lunch + a chance to win a new Discraft bag full of shiny new Discraft plastic. You can't beat it with a stick.

See you good frisbee flingin' folks on the course.

Peace on y'all,
Captain Panic
B)

ECDGC Tag# 88 "You Pull Your Own Weight Or Else It Pulls You. It Gets Harder The Older That You've Grown." - John Gorka "If I Were To Wish For Anything, I Should Not Wish For Wealth And Power, But For The Passionate Sense Of The Potential, For The Eye Which, Ever Young And Ardent, Sees The Possible." - Soren Kierkegaard

#11 Chaz

Chaz

Enthusiast

• Club Officer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Also add to the paid in full: Waylon Mock John Briscoe Synthya Whitaker Chaz Johnson

#12 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• 3,262 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

NEW CUTOFF DATE!!!

Due to unprecedented demand, the good folks at DISCRAFT have asked us to get in our order with as much lead time as possible. With that in mind, I am moving up the cutoff date to sign up for the Ace Race to October 1st.

Today is September 18th, which gives you just 13 days left to get signed up.

Please remember, YOU MUST PRE-ORDER for this event. We will have no extra packages available the day of the Ace Race.

You're either in by October 1st or you can't participate.

Please pass this info along to anyone you know that might be interested.

Thank you,
Matt D

#13 BADGC

BADGC

King of Communication

• Club Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

o.k. mine will be in oct 1.5 so there!!!! i have not missed one yet i will be there ready to defend last place.

#14 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• 3,262 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

o.k. mine will be in oct 1.5 so there!!!! i have not missed one yet i will be there ready to defend last place.

View Post

Awesome.
Thanks, Mike. You've always supported this great sport here on the Emerald Coast, and we appreciate it.

#15 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• 3,262 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Just 2 days left to get in! Do it. D0000000000 it. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Now! :rolleyes:

#16 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• 3,262 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

The sign-up list has been updated to show all 45 Ace Racers. Thank you folks very much. The players packs have been ordered. If you signed up with Chaz, Mike or Matt, please check the list, to be sure you're on it. Thanks, Matt

#17 JoshB

JoshB

Advanced Member

• Club Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

The sign-up list has been updated to show all 45 Ace Racers.

Thank you folks very much. The players packs have been ordered.

If you signed up with Chaz, Mike or Matt, please check the list, to be sure you're on it.

Thanks, Matt

View Post

Hey Matt just wanted to let you know that I have instead decided to go to Universal Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando on the 20th BUT!!!! I still want me players pack arrrrrggggg! So if you'll kindly inform me of when I will be able to scoop that up... I'd be appreciative sir.
Josh Brigan
Blue Angel Liaison 
Extraordinaire
BADgolf Designs 

#18 JoshB

JoshB

Advanced Member

• Club Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

The sign-up list has been updated to show all 45 Ace Racers.

Thank you folks very much. The players packs have been ordered.

If you signed up with Chaz, Mike or Matt, please check the list, to be sure you're on it.

Thanks, Matt

View Post

Hey Matt just wanted to let you know that I have instead decided to go to Universal Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando on the 20th BUT!!!! I still want me players pack arrrrrggggg! So if you'll kindly inform me of when I will be able to scoop that up... I'd be appreciative sir.
Josh Brigan
Blue Angel Liaison 
Extraordinaire
BADgolf Designs 

#19 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• 3,262 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

They won't come in until a day or two before the Ace Race on 10/20. I can hold yours until you get back or, if you have someone you trust playing in our Ace Race, I can give it to them to hold for you. Just let me know. Have fun, Matt

#20 JoshB

JoshB

Advanced Member

• Club Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

They won't come in until a day or two before the Ace Race on 10/20.

I can hold yours until you get back or, if you have someone you trust playing in our Ace Race, I can give it to them to hold for you.

Just let me know.

Have fun,
Matt

View Post

Hey Matt unfortunately I barely recognize anyone on that list so I'll have to pick IP my players pack at another appointed time. So I'll have to set up a time to come visit you or something. I'll try my best to make it as convenient as possible for ya.
Josh Brigan
Blue Angel Liaison 
Extraordinaire
BADgolf Designs 

#21 Matt D

Matt D

Forum Master

• Administrator

• 3,262 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hey Matt unfortunately I barely recognize anyone on that list so I'll have to pick IP my players pack at another appointed time. So I'll have to set up a time to come visit you or something. I'll try my best to make it as convenient as possible for ya.

View Post

Thanks. Just let me know.
We'll work something out.
Matt

#22 jml

jml

Advanced Member

• Club Member

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Josh, I can pick up your pack if you want to get it later like one sunday at doubles. Just let me know if you want me to get it for you. JML

#23 JoshB

JoshB

Advanced Member

• Club Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Josh, I can pick up your pack if you want to get it later like one sunday at doubles.  Just let me know if you want me to get it for you.

JML

View Post

Jason that would be awesome. If you could pick it up for me but unfortunately I won't be back from Orlando until Sunday night and then the Howler next weekend. But I'm sure Matt will be at Sunday Doubles and he could hold it for me.
Josh Brigan
Blue Angel Liaison 
Extraordinaire
BADgolf Designs 

#24 who-dat

who-dat

Mr

• Administrator

• 8,388,607 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Here are the people/businesses sponsoring our Ace Race on Saturday. Waterboyz is sponsoring the prizes for everyone that hits an ace and ring of fire. Aloha is sponsoring the after party with not only a place to have the party, but also a keg of beer and Kraken rum is providing hunch punch. Danno Dunn (executive chef at the Hilton on the beach) and the Hilton are sponsoring a roasted pig and pulled pork for the after party. Myself, Chaz, Matt D and Crispy along w/the ECDGC are taking care of the rest of the expenses. See you all out there Saturday!

#25 TtotheD

TtotheD

Enthusiast

• Club Officer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Here are the people/businesses sponsoring our Ace Race on Saturday.
Waterboyz is sponsoring the prizes for everyone that hits an ace and ring of fire.
Aloha is sponsoring the after party with not only a place to have the party, but also a keg of beer and Kraken rum is providing hunch punch.
Danno Dunn (executive chef at the Hilton on the beach) and the Hilton are sponsoring a roasted pig and pulled pork for the after party.
Myself, Chaz, Matt D and Crispy along w/the ECDGC are taking care of the rest of the expenses.

See you all out there Saturday!

View Post

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Chaz

Chaz

Enthusiast

• Club Officer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Thomas you would key in on that!!

#27 who-dat

who-dat

Mr

• Administrator

• 8,388,607 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Looks like great Ace weather for tomorrow! See you all in the AM. You can arrive as early as 8am to pick up your player pack. Player meeting at 9:45, teeing off shortly after.

#28 jamesireland

jamesireland

King of Communication

• Administrator

• 2,122 posts
  • Interests:God.. Christian Music.. Disc Golf.. Tennis.. Volleyball.. Ping Pong.. Soccer Tennis

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

So.... who won?

James Ireland
"They're always after me lucky bag tag!"
luckycharms.png

2014 Bag Tag # 11

ECDGC Webmaster
Official Ace Count (During Rounds/Tournaments) - 7  (6 by Air/1 by Skip)
Unofficial Ace Count (Practice/Warm Up Shots) - 20  (10 by Air/10 by Skip)
Longest Ace - 1/29/2011 - Hole 3 Am Tee Palmetto Course Blue Angel Park - 303 Feet
Longest Measured Throw - 400 Feet 137 gram blizzard boss 5/3/2012
fish.png
John 14:6 (NKJV) - Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

#29 BenniChains

BenniChains

Advanced Member

• Club Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Man there were aces all over the place. 1st rd. I think there were 4 single aces and one of those had two metals, 2nd rd. Joser popped two aces(what!), only to be beaten by somebodies protege who hit his second ace and 3 metals to take the race. GOOD JOB MURR! (caddy for a pro one time) WOW

E.C.D.G.C. Course Liaison to Sunset Disc Golf Course

Currently Holding Tag # Where is the beef?

#30 jamesireland

jamesireland

King of Communication

• Administrator

• 2,122 posts
  • Interests:God.. Christian Music.. Disc Golf.. Tennis.. Volleyball.. Ping Pong.. Soccer Tennis

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Wow.. Murr is on a tear! Congrats Murr. I was wondering if ol Joser would show up, he has won that thing in the past. Glad to hear some aces were hit, seems like every year there are only a few aces.. Hopefully next year I will be able to come..

James Ireland
"They're always after me lucky bag tag!"
luckycharms.png

2014 Bag Tag # 11

ECDGC Webmaster
Official Ace Count (During Rounds/Tournaments) - 7  (6 by Air/1 by Skip)
Unofficial Ace Count (Practice/Warm Up Shots) - 20  (10 by Air/10 by Skip)
Longest Ace - 1/29/2011 - Hole 3 Am Tee Palmetto Course Blue Angel Park - 303 Feet
Longest Measured Throw - 400 Feet 137 gram blizzard boss 5/3/2012
fish.png
John 14:6 (NKJV) - Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users