Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamesireland

Meeting with Gulf Breeze Parks / Rec 7/19/2017

1 post in this topic

Hey Disc Golfers!!

Just wanted to let y'all know what just came about after sitting in a meeting with Gulf Breeze Parks and Rec. Dept on July 19, 2017

Myself and Trey Wright sat and talked with the Park Director and his staff to 1. Establish a good communication between the club and the City and 2. Address the concerns that we have with Sunset DGC.

The concerns that were addressed were as follows:

1. Keeping the grass cut on a regular basis. 
Now that they know what goes on at the course on a weekly basis, they will make sure that the grass stays cut (weather permitting)

2. Tee pads
They have agreed to the need of tee pads and will fund up to $900 for tee pad supplies. That being said, we will need to provide some general labor to build forms and pour concrete. We will post dates and requests once we have plans finalized.

3. Overall maintenance of the course. 
The club will be allowed to schedule work days at Sunset to perform general Maintenance of the course (i.e. Pruning, trimming, litter clean up). This has to be a coordinated effort with the Park Maintenance Mgr, so please do not take it upon yourselves to trim up the course.

4. New course sign/board. 
Once the course is finalized, and we draw up the way we'd like the course sign to look, the Parks Dept will purchase the sign.

Overall, this was a successful meeting and a big step forward in progress. There may be some changes forthcoming and I would appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation when the time comes.

Thanks,
Jeff Casalina
ECDGC President