Florabamaboy

Noobie introduction/rant/rave

5 posts in this topic

Intro: First things first. My wife(Tami), son(Trey) and I(Ronnie) are new to the sport of disc golf but have caught on quick. Pensacola natives and will be long time players for sure.

Rave: Everyone we have met so far in the disc community has been SUPER cool! I've never met a more helpful bunch of people in any other sport or hobby I've been a part of.

Rant: We've recently played the PSC course n Milton. We loved the course itself but left there VERY disappointed with the lack of directional markers on the course and lack of maps. Several times we were turned around by other players and pointed in the right direction when looking for the next tee pad. This seems to be the issue with several other curses in the area too. Is there anything we can do to fix this. I am new to playing but surely not afraid of a little work if I can help out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

Ronnie

Thanks for joining the forums and giving us feedback, we really appreciate it.

Disc golf is an amazing sport and ECDGC wants to help make disc golf as fun and competitive as possible in our area.

Our club is responsible for maintaining Pirates Cove and Gator Links at PSC Milton.

I will talk with the club officers about putting up better signage and maps at these 2 courses.

We all have played the courses so many times that we forget about new players sometimes.

When the time changes we will have multiple club tosses at several courses in the area if you guys ever want to join us. 

We are having an officers club meeting on Monday so I will let you know what we come up with about maps and more signage

Feel free to post any other comments as well.

Welcome to our sport and club!

Thanks James! A testament to the type of people in the disc golf community is definitely the cleanliness of the courses. We're definitely down to help out in any way we can with whatever is needed. We plan to join the club and are looking forward to meeting new friends and players.

1 hour ago, Florabamaboy said:

Thanks James! A testament to the type of people in the disc golf community is definitely the cleanliness of the courses. We're definitely down to help out in any way we can with whatever is needed. We plan to join the club and are looking forward to meeting new friends and players.

Thank you so much. We definitely need help in maintaining Pirates Cove & Gator Links if you happen to live near 

those courses, if not then no prob.

We have several club members who help maintain those courses, but we could always use more help!

Ronnie,

I have posted our club officer meeting notes in another topic.

Our club will be working on directional signs and maps in the next couple of months or so..