who-dat

2012 Discraft Ace Race

37 posts in this topic

The Discraft Ace Race is coming to Sunset DGC in Gulf Breeze on Saturday October 20th 2012!

Posted Image

What is Ace Race?

It's a fun event that helps disc golf grow by introducing thousands of new players to the joys of the sport! Each participant gets a huge player pack of cool stuff, then everyone plays two rounds of disc golf, but instead of keeping score the only goal is to throw aces (also known as a hole-in-one)! Holes are shortened, and everyone is throwing the same disc: a brand new Discraft prototype disc that is easy to throw and developed just for the event. It's a blast!

Format:

Two rounds of 18 holes, one throw per hole per player.

Course layout:

Holes are generally between 180 and 250 feet (55 to 75 meters).

Rules of play:

Players are required to use the player package discs, and only these discs. If a disc is lost, the player has the option of using the second disc from the package. Only one throw per player per hole. All players should have their own scorecards and mark "A" for aces (a hole-in-one) and "M" for holes on which they hit metal. After all players in the group have thrown, discs are picked up and the group moves directly to the next tee. Players keep their scorecards for round two, using the next line on the card to record the round. The player with the most aces after 36 holes is declared the winner. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then used to determine the event winner.

Entry Fee/Player Pack/Grand Prize:

-Each player will receive two 2012 prototype drivers, mini, sticker, premium water bottle and a pair of UV shades. All for only $25! Lunch included.

-Grand Prize for 2012 Discraft Ace Race: 8 new discs, tournament bag, super-color trophy buzz.

Posted Image

Location/Date/Time:

Sunset DGC Gulf Breeze, FL. Saturday October 20th 2012. 10:00 am.

Co-TDs: Matt Davenport, Chaz, Mike LaFleur & Chris Byrnes

-Cash sign-ups of $25 can be paid to any of the TDs at Tuesday Doubles in Milton or the Thursday Bag-Tag round at Gulf Breeze.

-PayPal payments of $26.10 can be sent to mikel8282@gmail.com, please put 'Ace Race' in the subject line.

ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY MONDAY OCTOBER 1st 2012.

After the Ace Race:

-Ring of Fire, CTP tosses and other events to come!

-Post Ace Race round, either $5 random draw doubles or an ECDGC bag-tag round (TBD)!

-After party at Aloha Wine & Liquor on Pensacola Beach. Party sponsored by Aloha Wine & Liquor and The Hilton. Chef Dan Dunn of the Hilton will be providing the food and Aloha will be providing a keg of beer!

(21+ to consume alcohol. Please drink responsibly)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

List of Registered Players:

01. Dan Dunn

02. Mike U.

03. Josh Brigan

04. Chris "Crispy Critter" Byrnes

05. Steve Welch

06. Bert Burns

07. Jim Ernest

08. Texas Deb Hefner

09. JoSeR Raymer

10. Waylon Mock

11. John Briscoe

12. Matt Davenport

13. Chaz Johnson

14. Brandon Ezell

15. Thomas Daly

16. Patrick Thornbugh

17. Tommy Sponburgh

18. Jason Laughlin

19. Amanda Laughlin

20. David Beddick

21. Ryan Vann

22.. Don Braxton

23. Steven Murray

24. Mike LaFleur

25. Terry Mercer

26. Steve Harrill

27. Tim Gerow

28. Barrett Taylor

29. Chaz Heller

30. Sydney Schroth

31. Ben McQueary

32. Patrick Godwin

33. Charlie Jones

34. Nick Wheeler

35. Allen Reynolds

36. Robert Bennington

37. Daniel Hall

38. Gary Hunter

39. Patsy Hunter

40. Chris Ingram

41. Kimberly Ingram

42. Mike Brazwell

43. Matt Poling

44. Christoph Ladsberger

45. Chris King

Congratulations! You 45 folks will be throwing down with us on 10/20/12.

(List will be updated as players register)

Edited by Matt D

I'll be out at the FWB Ace Race this Saturday if any PDGC players would like to sign up for the Gulf Breeze Ace Race

Just wanted to let everyone know, I have an extra Ace Race 2012 disc that Im willing to take offers on. It'll be a great way to practice up for the event at Sunset. Let me know what you've got.

-Ryan

My flight is booked. See you all Saturday.

My flight is booked. See you all Saturday.

I hope you mean Saturday 10/20/12.

You know that's the date of the Ace Race, right?

List of Registered Players:

Dan Dunn

Mike U.

Josh Brigan

Chris "Crispy Critter" Byrnes

Steve Welch

Bert Burns

Jim Ernest

Texas Deb Hefner

Matt Davenport

(List will be updated as players register)

I updated the players list today. We send off the order on 10/5/12. Make sure you're in by then, as YOU MUST PRE-ORDER, or be left out. And nobody likes being left out of the fun.

Your $25 entry fee gets you more than $50 retail value of neat stuff + free lunch + a chance to win a new Discraft bag full of shiny new Discraft plastic. You can't beat it with a stick.

See you good frisbee flingin' folks on the course.

Peace on y'all,

Captain Panic

B)

Also add to the paid in full:

Waylon Mock

John Briscoe

Synthya Whitaker

Chaz Johnson

NEW CUTOFF DATE!!!

Due to unprecedented demand, the good folks at DISCRAFT have asked us to get in our order with as much lead time as possible. With that in mind, I am moving up the cutoff date to sign up for the Ace Race to October 1st.

Today is September 18th, which gives you just 13 days left to get signed up.

Please remember, YOU MUST PRE-ORDER for this event. We will have no extra packages available the day of the Ace Race.

You're either in by October 1st or you can't participate.

Please pass this info along to anyone you know that might be interested.

Thank you,

Matt D

o.k. mine will be in oct 1.5 so there!!!! i have not missed one yet i will be there ready to defend last place.

o.k. mine will be in oct 1.5 so there!!!! i have not missed one yet i will be there ready to defend last place.

Awesome.

Thanks, Mike. You've always supported this great sport here on the Emerald Coast, and we appreciate it.

Just 2 days left to get in!

Do it.

D0000000000 it.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Now!

:rolleyes:

The sign-up list has been updated to show all 45 Ace Racers.

Thank you folks very much. The players packs have been ordered.

If you signed up with Chaz, Mike or Matt, please check the list, to be sure you're on it.

Thanks, Matt

If you signed up with Chaz, Mike or Matt, please check the list, to be sure you're on it.

Thanks, Matt

Hey Matt just wanted to let you know that I have instead decided to go to Universal Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando on the 20th BUT!!!! I still want me players pack arrrrrggggg! So if you'll kindly inform me of when I will be able to scoop that up... I'd be appreciative sir.

Thanks, Matt

Hey Matt just wanted to let you know that I have instead decided to go to Universal Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando on the 20th BUT!!!! I still want me players pack arrrrrggggg! So if you'll kindly inform me of when I will be able to scoop that up... I'd be appreciative sir.

They won't come in until a day or two before the Ace Race on 10/20.

I can hold yours until you get back or, if you have someone you trust playing in our Ace Race, I can give it to them to hold for you.

Just let me know.

Have fun,

Matt

They won't come in until a day or two before the Ace Race on 10/20.

I can hold yours until you get back or, if you have someone you trust playing in our Ace Race, I can give it to them to hold for you.

Just let me know.

Have fun,

Matt

Hey Matt unfortunately I barely recognize anyone on that list so I'll have to pick IP my players pack at another appointed time. So I'll have to set up a time to come visit you or something. I'll try my best to make it as convenient as possible for ya.

Hey Matt unfortunately I barely recognize anyone on that list so I'll have to pick IP my players pack at another appointed time. So I'll have to set up a time to come visit you or something. I'll try my best to make it as convenient as possible for ya.

Thanks. Just let me know.

We'll work something out.

Matt

Josh, I can pick up your pack if you want to get it later like one sunday at doubles. Just let me know if you want me to get it for you.

JML

Josh, I can pick up your pack if you want to get it later like one sunday at doubles.  Just let me know if you want me to get it for you.

JML

Jason that would be awesome. If you could pick it up for me but unfortunately I won't be back from Orlando until Sunday night and then the Howler next weekend. But I'm sure Matt will be at Sunday Doubles and he could hold it for me.

Here are the people/businesses sponsoring our Ace Race on Saturday.

Waterboyz is sponsoring the prizes for everyone that hits an ace and ring of fire.

Aloha is sponsoring the after party with not only a place to have the party, but also a keg of beer and Kraken rum is providing hunch punch.

Danno Dunn (executive chef at the Hilton on the beach) and the Hilton are sponsoring a roasted pig and pulled pork for the after party.

Myself, Chaz, Matt D and Crispy along w/the ECDGC are taking care of the rest of the expenses.

See you all out there Saturday!

Here are the people/businesses sponsoring our Ace Race on Saturday.

Waterboyz is sponsoring the prizes for everyone that hits an ace and ring of fire.

Aloha is sponsoring the after party with not only a place to have the party, but also a keg of beer and Kraken rum is providing hunch punch.

Danno Dunn (executive chef at the Hilton on the beach) and the Hilton are sponsoring a roasted pig and pulled pork for the after party.

Myself, Chaz, Matt D and Crispy along w/the ECDGC are taking care of the rest of the expenses.

See you all out there Saturday!

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!